Due to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into force on the 25th May 2018, it is of utmost importance to keep any organisation compliant. In this course, you will learn the new rules to be able to act accordingly and avoid regulation breaches which may cost companies millions of fines. After successfully completing this course, you will be able to recognize the key concepts under the GDPR, data subjects’ rights, data controllers and processors’ obligations as well as legislative frameworks in terms of compliance. Additionally, participants will receive a completion certificate at the end of the e-Learning course.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
Upon successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define what personal data and data protection mean.
- Understand why data privacy is important.
- Ensure the compliance of GDPR in the working place.
- Explain how to deal with data access requests.
- Avoid regulations breaches.
This module aims at showing participants how to manage the navigation of the e-Learning course.
Important information is presented in order to understand the course structure.
Module 1: Terms and Definitions
- What is data protection?
- Personal data
- Sensitive personal data
Module 2: Legislative Overview
- Fundamental rights of the EU
- What is GDPR?
- When and where does the GDPR apply?
- Roles and responsibilities
Module 3: Principles and Requirements
- GDPR principles for personal data processing
- Processing personal data
- Purpose of collection
- Conditions for consent
Module 4: Rights of the Data Subject
- Individual rights
- Right of access
- Right to withdraw
- Right to request deletion
- Right to restriction and objection
- Information to be provided
Module 5: Measures to Comply with the GDPR
- Documentation obligations
- Contractual data processing
- Data Protection Officer
- Course modality: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Languages: English, German or Spanish
- Target Audience
- Private-sector workers
- Everyone at all levels of an organisation
- Any person willing to make an organisation compliant with the laws and regulations
- How to Pass: Pass all modules to complete the course and get your certificate