Money laundering is the process by which large amounts of money are illegally obtained (e.g. drug trafficking, terrorist activity or other serious crimes), while giving the appearance of being originated from a legitimate source. In order to tackle this problem, the course “Anti-Money Laundering” is addressed to prevent, act and provide advice in this field with a special approach based on the gambling industry.
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify what money laundering and terrorist financing is and how it works.
- Identify the role of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulation (PMLFTR) and the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (FIAU) according to the Maltese Legislation.
- Identify what behaviours may indicate money laundering activity.
- Identify suspicious activities and know how to act.
This module aims at showing how to manage the navigation of the e-Learning course.
Important information is presented in order to understand the course structure as well as why you need an Anti-Money Laundering training.
Module 1: Background to Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Money laundering
- Terrorist financing
- The three stages of money laundering
Module 2: Legislative Overview
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- The 4th Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act
- Implementing procedures
Module 3: Know-Your-Customer (KYC)
- Risk-based approach
- Customer Due Diligence
- Enhanced Due Diligence
- PEPs and sanctioned individuals
- Identification of business partners
Module 4: Customer Activity Monitoring
- Monitoring of payment transactions
- Monitoring of gaming transactions
Module 5: MLRO & STR Process
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Reporting suspicious activities
- Tipping off
- Red flags
- Course modality: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Languages: English, German or Spanish.
- Target Audience
- Private-sector workers
- Everyone at all levels of an organisation
- Any person willing to make an organisation compliant with the laws and regulations
- How to Pass: Pass all modules to complete the course and get your certificate